Retronyms, have just announced the official release of iMPC Pro 2, the next in a line of iMPC apps they’ve delivered (iMPC, iMPC Pro, and iMPC for iPhone). iMPC Pro 2 adds new track types and enhances the drum tracks feature from iMPC Pro. It also brings the addition of vocal tracks, and support for Audio Units. iMPC Pro 2 is in effect a full-fledged song creation tool.
Any Audio Unit app can now be used within iMPC Pro 2. With audio tracks, users can instantaneously time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange their audio clips. Real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and users can choose from multiple input sources, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces and Inter-App Audio.
iMPC Pro 2 also features a new library of built-in, high-quality sounds. Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover popular and cutting-edge genres from world-class sample libraries including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic.
In addition, five custom sound packs are available for no extra charge in the AudioCopy Content Store (normal price $35). Essential Club Collection, Classic Cutz, Dub 2 DnB, Melodic Collection, and The Diploma are exclusively curated for iMPC Pro 2, featuring instruments and samples by iconic producers across an array of genres.
Main App Features:
- Audio track recording (record from built-in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, etc.)
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting (warp tracks and clips to match tempo)
- Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- 64-track mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange and one IAA effect)
- Redesigned user interface
- Audio Unit plug-in support
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Directly upload tracks to YouTube
- Sample audio directly from music player apps such as Spotify
- New Song Mode makes full song production more intuitive than ever
- 100% new sound set, with five additional free Sound Packs
- Advanced waveform editing
- Enhanced MIDI support
- 4 Mute Groups
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- and many more intuitive workflow enhancements
iMPC Pro 2 is available now on The App Store for $24.99. For a limited time only, existing iMPC pro users can upgrade to iMPC Pro 2 for $15.