Bram Bos have delivered their latest app Odessa Sequencer Suite. The app is a collection of MIDI sequencers and controllers that lets you explore a new, freeform approach to sequencing and controlling mobile music apps. In total the app contains 6 MIDI Audio Units (this is a totally new feature in iOS11 that doesn’t seem to have been well exploited so far) in a single package, which can be loaded in compatible MIDI AU hosts (Kymatica’s AUM is the first host to support it).
Here’s a list of what comes in the package with Odessa:
- 1) Odessa Bassline: a monosequencer based on the popular Troublemaker sequencer. Obviously comes with all the randomization and mutation features. Up to 8 patterns per sequence, with Follow Actions. Transpose using MIDI.
- 2) Odessa Rhythm: a euclidean drum sequencer with mutations per instrument and polyrhythms. Comes with configurable key mappings for many popular drum apps.
- 3) Odessa X0X: classic TR-styles step sequencer for drum machines. Supports triplets, polyrhythms and mutations per channel. Optionally emulates the exact timing jitter pattern of the legendary TR-808
- 4) Odessa LFO: a triple MIDI LFO generator lets you modulate CC parameters of your MIDI instruments. Apply amplitude modulation to each wave for more organic behavior. Optionally syncs to tempo.
- 5) Odessa XY: a double XY Controller Pad for generating 4 simultaneous configurable CC controller streams per instance. Also features MOD wheel and PitchBend sliders.
- 6) Odessa Arpeggio: adds a MIDI arpeggiator to any of your synths. Offers latch mode, shuffle and automatic tempo synchronization. Turn any incoming MIDI stream into an arpeggio on the fly.
- these plugins do not run as a standalone app and require a compatible host to work
MIDI is not sound. To make sound you’ll have to feed the MIDI into a synthesizer or instrument app. Bring your own synths!
Odessa Sequencer Suite costs $9.99 on the app store now: