Back in December Akai / Retronyms brought us the iMPC Pro 2. This was a big step from the previous app (iMPC Pro). The 2 app is really well on the way to being a full DAW, as it can handle audio tracks, audio units and lots more. In this update they’ve brought us new features that are again going to move this app forward in a significant way.
Here’s what’s new:
- Brand new automation editor feature (Timeline -> PARAMS tab on AU or drum tracks)
- Large pads on bigger iPads!
- The mic for audio tracks can now be toggled off so that the user can record automation without overwriting the audio
- Fixed dragging sequences from one bank to another. You can now also hover any drag/droppable item over a bank number to flip to that bank, allowing for one-finger drag/drop between banks.
- Ableton Link LED in session menu now appears lit if ABL on when restoring a session
- Fixed pulldown display for 4-channel+ audio input devices (NOTE: higher channel numbers won’t work, but they won’t crash like they used to and the labeling is correct)
- Fixed pad input on AU tracks: It no longer records the pitch wheel at 0 with each hit
- Fixed crash when plugging/removing headphones then immediately adding an audio track
iMPC Pro 2 is on the app store and costs $24.99