SynthScaper is one of a collection of more experimental apps from developer iMusicAlbum. The other two apps being FieldScaper and SoundScaper. These are really quite unique apps and, if you’re interested in sound design then I can recommend taking a deeper look at these. In the latest version of SynthScaper it takes another significant step forward.
This version adds an advanced arpeggiator / sequencer for each oscillator with modes where the keyboard can start the sequence and shift it depending on the key. Also, you can record sequence steps using screen or MIDI keyboard or select sequences from other scenes. The start and tempo of the sequence can be synchronized with Ableton Link, Inter-App audio or with external MIDI devices.
With this update you can access SynthScaper samples by using iOS 11 Files app. Just open app “Files” – “On My iPad (iPhone)” – “SynthScaper” to copy, move, delete or rename any file which contains in SynthScaper. Also with Files app you can easily copy samples to SynthScaper from any other apps or storage cloud services.
- Own sequencer / arpeggiator for each oscillator.
- Sync with Ableton Link, Inter-App audio and MIDI.
- Select sequences from other scenes (if they defined).
- Record sequence from virtual or MIDI keyboards.
- Mode when keyboard starts and shifts sequence.
- Mode “All” to set params for all sequencers at once.
- Button “Rand” on main screen generate new scene.
- Access files thru iOS 11 Files app.
- Support bluetooth MIDI controllers.
- Built-in description updated.
- Several minor bugs were fixed.
SynthScaper is available on the iTunes store and costs $14.99