Yonac have been around the iOS world for a long time now, in fact they were one of the first (if not in fact the first) developer to bring a synth to what eventually became iOS. Whilst that original app isn’t on the story any more, it’s namesake miniSynth 2 still is. Why am I telling you this? Because it’s a good indication that Galileo Organ 2 is from people who really know iOS and have been in the business for the long game.
So, meet Galileo Organ 2: the next generation in tonewheel and transistor organ modeling! Benefiting from completely redesigned physical modeling techniques, offered as a UNIVERSAL app with a built-in AUv3 plugin, and presenting many new parameters, Galileo Organ 2 is the culmination of Yonac’s adventure into recreating that perfect analog organ sound.
The new app comes with some 17 different organ types, three individually configurable manuals, scanner vibrato/chorus emulation, newly designed rotary cabinet & tube amp sims, as well as many new fully-stereo professional FX, Galileo Organ 2 is able to achieve sounds more authentic and diverse than ever before!
Designed for the professional, Galileo Organ 2 offers extensive MIDI support, full connectivity via AUv3, IAA and Audiobus, over 300 presets in many different genres, as well as the ability to import original Galileo Organ presets.
You can take a look at the specs below to give you a flavour of what Galileo Organ 2 is all about:
- Brand new tonewheel organ modeling engine, faithfully recreating all the unique characteristics of these legendary instruments
- 17 organ types, including many tonewheel and transistor models
- 3 independently configurable organ manuals: upper, lower and pedal
- Scanner vibrato/chorus emulation
- Percussion w/ fine-tunable amplitude, length, drawbar loss, dual velocity control & poly/mono engagement
- Realistic keyclick with separate on/off and pedal levels, tone & velocity control
- Adjustable drawbar & tonewheel leakage
- Each manual w/ independent volume and pan, as well as attack, release & brightness
- Bass foldback option
- Pre-FX (Organ) and Post-FX (Master) volume controls
- 64-bit super high fidelity DSP
- Virtually no-latency audio generation with lightning-fast response
- Many new parameters that allow modifying practically any aspect of the organ tone, and help recreate many unique individual organs associated with famous musicians, or your own unique instrument.
Fully Stereo Effects Custom Designed for Galileo Organ 2
- Highly authentic rotary cabinet & tube amplifier simulations using our latest modeling technologies
- Rotaries include configurable fast/slow rates, rotor inertia, multiple drum modes, speaker balance, stereo spread & more
- 6 stereo FX bundled free with Galileo Organ 2: Class-A tube inspired preamp, rotary box, delay, reverb, wah and ring mod
- 10 professional, studio-grade FX available as IAP upgrades, including tube & rotary amps, spring reverb, studio reverb, delay, modulations & more
- User-friendly FX signal chain paradigm: use up to 8 FX simultaneously, including multiple instances of the same unit. Drag and drop to change signal order.
- Dedicated arp for each manual
- 11 arp algorithms
Settable note value & gate
Live, Program & Fixed Prog modes
- AUv3 – use as Audio Unit plugin on iPad & iPhone
- Fullscreen AU mode in compatible DAWs & iOS versions
- Extensive MIDI: MIDI learn, aftertouch, MIDI CC map save/share, KB mapping, program changes & more
- Inter-App Audio
- Audiobus 3
- Ableton Link
- Fullscreen control mode for live use
- Powerful YPAT2 preset management system
- Can import presets from the original Galileo Organ
- Classic or ribbon key controller
- Ribbon controller: Poly aftertouch into Galileo Organ 2
- Ribbon controller: Settable musical key & scale
- Classic KB: Velocity w/ sensitivity setting
- Tapedeck: Record, loop, copy/paste & share
- Tap BPM
- iOS 10 & newer
- iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, & newer
Galileo Organ 2 costs $6.99 on the app store