This is no VJ mixer. The Edirol CG-8 is a high-res 3D motion graphic synthesizer, taking synthesis concepts from audio and applying them to video.
- Integrate with music: You can use audio to trigger video
live, with VLINK/MIDI connections for further music integration,
especially tight integration with Roland and Edirol gear.
- Sample motion: Grab video for instant recording/resampling.
- XY and drum pad triggers plus dual infra-red D-beam for control and triggering
- Work from still images with photo and stamp effects and real-time overlaying of titles and graphics
- Modulation: Borrowing from the concept of modulation in synthesis, you can modify images in real-time, apparently even beat-synced
- 640×480 VGA resolution
Strange, but interesting. This is clearly geared automatically
integrating with music — VJ gear is increasingly shifting towards the
music market. No price/availability yet. Stay tuned.