So I was having a little chat with the Circuit Master over at www.getlofi.com about how and why we both got into circuit bending.
The number one reason, for me at least: tons of bend-able toys and devices can be found very cheaply at secondhand and thrift stores.
Which brings us to this:
The premise is simple:
1. Wait until October 28th with growing anticipation.
2. Bicycle, walk, or swim to your nearest secondhand store.
3. Locate and purchase a cheap electronic noisemaking device.
4. Take it home and bend that thang!
5. Document the process and end result, then upload it to the internet in some fashion– Youtube, Flickr, etc, all with the tag “circuitchallenge.” (and createdigitalmusic, of course)
6. The Circuit Master and myself will gather the results and feature them here and at www.getlofi.com.
The winner will receive, um, a token prize of low value, to be decided later. Something though. And we’ll publish your picture on the internet for the universe to see.
Of course, it’s not about winning, oh no. It’s about getting off your keister and bending some circuits!
Never bent a circuit before but always wanted to? Now’s your chance!
So mark your calendars now, and hit up the forums here at createdigitalmusic.com with any questions.
*EDIT: Rodney from Tiger Claw Records has agreed to donate a few Circuit Bending Compilation CDs as a prize, and I’ve got a stack of CDs from FutureKomp to give away as well. If that isn’t enough incentive to get out there and bend on the 28th, you’re in it for the wrong reasons!
**DOUBLE EDIT: The Squarewave Parade has agreed to donate a parasite for the contest! Totally awesome.
***TRIPLE EDIT: HighlyLiquid has donated one of their MIDI kits for the contest! So cool!