Instruments like the Theremin may be trying to shake off their association with fear, dread, and the unnatural. But the synthesizer has no such concern: after all, the Moog is pretty much a rock star, literally. So, for anyone fiddling around with the Animoog – hopefully including iPad owners who are newer to synthesis – you can now grab a bunch of presets to provide the perfect sonic accompaniment to this Halloween. The sounds are the work of synthesist/sound designers Drew Neumann and Kevin Lamb.
And as if the app, currently on sale for $.99, weren’t already a steal for people who already have the iPad, the presets are free. Just move quickly: the price jumps to US$29.99 on November 18.
An email registration is required.
Halloween Sound Set Download
Animoog product page
Of course, what would also be a lot of fun would be some sort of proximity sensor for your app, for use at a party… okay, we have a few hours left if anyone can wire up the Arduino hardware link on Android or the camera on the iPhone or the motion sensor or … something. Go!
Got other Halloweeny news for us? Let us know!
Installation instructions from Moog (by popular demand):
- Download the Halloween Sound Set and un-zip the file.
- Connect your iPad (with Animoog installed) to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and select the iPad in the devices list.
- Select the “Apps” tab for the iPad.
- Scroll down to “Animoog File Sharing,” and click “Add.”
- Select all the files in the Animoog Halloween folder you just un-zipped.
- Launch Animoog and select “Import Presets” from the settings tab.
That also demonstrates how you could share other presets.