Provocatively entitling a mix, released on Valentine’s Day, “Sex Tape”? Full of love-y songs? Well played. (So to speak.)
Fortunately, the mix delivers, with some of our favorite songs that are – dare we say – if not better than sex, at least as good as good sex.
Lest you forget, this is CDM, notorious home to love of machines as much as humans – no, we’re not checking our email, we’re staring into our laptop screen because it enchants us.
So anyone who winds up a Valentine’s Day mix with Atom™’s aweomse Ich Bin Meine Maschine is okay in my book. No, Native Instruments didn’t even pay me to say that. (It can be die Maschine of your choice. Any machine, that is.)
Track IDs, all YouTubed up for you above:
1. Motor City Drum Ensemble – L.O.V.E. [Kyle Hall Remix]
2. Levon Vincent – Woman is The Devil
3. Moodymann – Rectify
4. Blondes – Lover
5. Sound Stream – Makin’ Love
6. Theo Parrish – The Love I Lost
7. Frankie Knuckles – Your Love
8. Meli’sa Morgan – Still In Love (House version)
9. Liz Torres – Your love Is All I Need
10. Terrence Parker – Love’s Got Me High (Marc Romboy’s Systematic Soul Mix)
11. Apparat feat Paul St Hilaire – Let Your Love Grow
12. The Field – Arpeggiated Love
13. DJ Koze – Let´s Love
14. Kevin McPhee – Who Loves You
15. Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)
16. Moodymann – Why Do U Feel
17. Moomin – Humbling Love
18. Burial – True Love [VIP] (Extended Bootleg)
19. Pantha Du Prince – Stick to My Side
20. Atom™ – Ich Bin Meine Maschine
Speaking of “will you be my valentine,” I want to draw hearts for the excellence that is Inverted Audio. It’s stylish and nerdy in just the right combination, all Archie Pelago (more on them in these pages soon), then Charlemagne Palestine doing lovely things and Helena Hauff descending in London-Dalston’s nightlife. Who? Click through; if you’re reading here, you’ll probably like some of it.
IA are “A London based online magazine focused on electronic music and visual art.” Good:
As for giving you this mix, there’s something I should say here to wrap up this story… uh… right.
Yeah, that’s it.