And I do mean replicated the GPU. The appropriately dubbed South Korean user “sinclairzx81” built this with a scene graph, and the usual math libraries, and programmable shaders.
Check these features in the free library, dubbed Zero, I guess in reference to the number of real GPUs involved:
- Perspective Z-Correct Texture Mapping
- Per Pixel Depth Buffering
- Adaptive Resolution on Terminal resize (TTY only)
- Matrix and Vector math libraries.
- A Scene Graph
- Support for Windows Command Prompt, Powershell and Linux Terminals
It is licensed under an MIT license, so you could build on this. At the very least, I guess the OLED on your next hardware synth has no excuse not to render something interesting.