It seems that Sony didn’t really want us to know about the new stuff coming in the next version of their editing suite Vegas. Apparently the information was posted on the Sony site long enough for Videoguys to scribble down some points on a napkin.
- XDCAM SD/HD support
- Improved HDV playback performance
- Enhanced hardware support for Blackmagic Design DeckLinkÃ¢â€žÂ¢ and AJA
- Improved workflow tools
- Cinescore software plug-in support
- Enhanced video monitoring
DVD Architect 4
- Scripting support
- Random playlist playback
- Keyframeable transformations, crop, and effects
- Buttons on video
- 4:3 and 16:9 preview settings
Vegas is a great NLE. I spend most of my time in Premiere but I still love Vegas for its incredible speed and small footprint, which make it perfect for mobile editing on my ageing Thinkpad. Being able to make edits, drop in new clips and tweak transitions while the project is still playing rocks me every time.
I can’t really say the new feature list looks revolutionary, but Premiere Pro 1.5 – 2 didn’t look that amazing on paper and it melted my face off It will be interesting to see what “Improved workflow tools” means. Ditto for “scripting support” in DVD Architect. Perhaps they’re getting ready for Blu-Ray?