BeatMaker 3 just keeps getting better and better, and with it’s latest 3.0.8 release it has added support for AUv3 MIDI plugins, a feature that many users have been asking for. This is a huge update, so here’s all the detail:
- Song position readout, in the transport bar, can be switched between BAR:BEATS, MM:SS.MS and SMPTE, simply by pressing it.
- Support of MIDI knob increment/decrement (“infinite” encoders), via MIDI RPN/NRPN.
- The transport bar record button will now be red when recording.
- Added an option, in the recording panel (press the ‘Q’ label on the transport bar), to disable minimal note length quantization.
- It is now possible to show/hide the left global navigation bar while displaying the AUv3 keyboard screen. This gives access to effects and macros from that view.
- It is now possible to tag packs & categories on a selection of files and directories, recursively from the Browser in files mode.
Sampler & Plugins
- Support of AUv3 MIDI plugins. Now, BeatMaker 3 will create virtual input MIDI devices for each AUv3 that supports MIDI out. This way, you can route MIDI messages to other plugins and the sampler.
- Added a ruler button on the full-screen sample editor to switch the time reference of the bottom grid between seconds, samples and bars/beats.
- When using the “Add to existing layer” sample load method, get the currently selected layer rather than the last one. The layer can be selected from the editor screen > SAMPLES tab, just below the small pads selector.
- Added move left/right and zoom in/out tools on the mapping editor toolbar.
- The “Stereo to Mono” sample process tool now offers the possibility to use only the left or right channel.
- When selecting a sample from the mapping editor, highlight it as well in the “SAMPLES” listing.
- When drag’n’dropping a sample that is added to an existing layer, auto-select it in the “SAMPLES” listing.
- Added tooltip next to sample markers when moving them, that will follow the current ruler unit (seconds, beats and samples).
- Improvements on the “Zero Snap” tool: adapt scan size to the currently visible range and find the closest zero-cross against all channels.
- Sample editor zoom in/out is now behaving more naturally.
- Sample editor move left and right buttons will now behave more naturally.
- Double-tapping the sample editor “START/END” or “LOOP” button will focus and recenter.
- In the full-screen sample editor, added a marquee above sample & loop start/end markers to make it more obvious the area can be dragged.
- Zoom in/out and move functions are now consistent on all three modes: select, slice and normal.
- “Grid Snap” can now be used in Slices mode in the sample/slice editor.
- Long press on [-] and [+] on the sample editor will resp. fully zoom out or in.
- Added a setting for the transport stop behavior: it can either go back to the start of the track, or on the latest position (by pressing the bar / position in SONG mode).
Bug fixes & engine improvements
When drag’n’dropping a sample onto the mapping editor, follow the browser load method.
Fixed an issue where it was not possible to drag’n’drop a sample after C5 on the mapping editor.
Fixed Modulation Delay effect that would still apply processing when depth was set to 0%.
Fixed an issue where exporting sliced sample to Apple Loop will not preserve number of beats and tempo.
Fixed an issue in the browser where sharing a file from a group would bogusly pick another file.
Fixed the Auto-Scale feature.
Fixed a crash that could happen when using samples with bogus metadata.
Fixed an issue with the validation of purchases on iOS 11.2.
Fixed double tapping of a value in the parameter panel.
Fixed an issue where the mixer would not show any level.
Fixed an issue where audio recording wouldn’t start or record anything.
Fixed a crash that would happen when exporting slices to a new bank.
Fixed a browser issue that would happen when dropping a file back onto itself.
Fixed a crash that would happen when duplicating pads with AUv3.
BeatMaker 3 is on the app store and costs $39.99: