SynthDrum Kick is a new AUv3 Drum synthesizer for iOS. It comes from a well seasoned developer, Design By Paul, who have brought us some very good apps so far, and, as such, I expect this will be worth more than just a quick look.
SynthDrum Kick is a drum synth, you can synthesize the kinds of drum sounds you want with relative ease. That is of course if you’re looking for synthy drum sounds. As it’s an audio unit app you can create multiple instances of the app right inside your favorite audio unit host DAW (i.e. GarageBand, Cubase, AUM, BeatMaker 3 etc) so you can have multiple percussion instruments.
SynthDrum Kick’s sounds are 100% synth-generated. Coupled with all the controls you need, being right at your fingertips, it’s easier than ever to get the kick sound you want. You get to work quickly and productively, without having to compromise and fall back on the same old pre-made kick samples.
Whilst some apps have irrelevant controls and workflows for synthesizing percussion, SynthDrum Kick has a versatile range of controls and a DSP engine specially designed for percussion synthesis.
A user-friendly, adaptable AudioUnit that can get the beats you want, fast, from the moment you load it into your favorite DAW. More sonic versatility for your kicks whether on the move or in the studio, you can quickly create percussion that is unique and specific to your taste.
- AUv3 (AudioUnit Extension)
- Oscillator: Sinusoid, 909 style clipped Triangular
- Pitch Envelope (re-triggers as needed for kicks)
- Amp Envelope (specially designed for percussion synthesis)
- LFO (delay-able) controls AM or FM
- Parametric EQ x2
- Soft Clipper
- Velocity sensitive
SynthDrum Kick costs $5.99 on the app store now
- You can change the knob response for rotary, linear horizontal or linear vertical in the menu.
- This app is at its best when its used as an AUv3 plugin/extension inside a host app. It has been tested extensively in GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis and BeatMaker 3.