Klevgränd produkter AB have brought us some pretty amazing iOS apps since they first appeared in the mobile world. Apps like, Svep, Enkl, Kuvert (Swedish Envelopes), Haaze – Stereo Tool, and many more. Now Klevgränd brings an app that will take you back in time, sonically if not in reality (sadly). DAW Cassette is an Audio Unit effect that emulates the sound of a classical tape deck. Using the different controls in the app makes it a very versatile tool for adding warmth to a track or a full mix, but then you’d expect that from a Klevgränd audio unit.
Here are the main features of the app:
- AUv3 only, works as a plugin in Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, AudioBus 3, Beatmaker 3 or any other AUv3 compatible host.
- Choose between three different tape types (normal, chrome, metal)
- Control the noise level with dolby emulation (including a noise free option, Dolby K).
- Tape-, head- and motor* quality knobs for dialing in the perfect sound
- Additional input gain, output gain and dry/wet mix parameters for convenience.
* Motor quality only emulates wobbling in this plugin (no slow down effect).
NOTE! DAW Cassette only works as a AUv3 plugin. It can be used inside any AUv3 compatible host, but won’t work as a stand alone app.
Klevgränd describes DAW Cassette as follows …
DAW Cassette brings back the magic era of the 1980:s by emulating the sound of a tape deck. Saturation, distortion, noise, wobble, it’s all there. While there’s no real rational logic to it, the sound color gives us chills down the spines, (or it might be the mullet haircut that tickles). Fresh.
Usage: Choose your preferred level of cassetteness with the different controls for input/output gain, tape/motor/head quality and tape/dolby type. Now, look in the mirror and get stunned by your new mullet haircut.
DAW Cassette is available on the app store now and costs $7.99, which is a launch special price for a limited time only