Who doesn’t like a decent bitcrusher right? Everyone? Well, definitely me anyway. Now there’s a new option from Klevgränd produkter AB, who’ve brought us some completely excellent audio units such as Haaze, Brusfri, and Kuvert, to name just three.
Now Klevgränd brings us a new FX, Degrader. Degrader is a combined resampler and bit crusher AUv3 plugin. It can be used to simulate the sound of vintage digital gear, such as a lofi-effect or as a plain distortion unit. Since all parameters are fully automatable it’s a handy plugin for creating unique and interesting drops, sweeps and other transitions.
It also comes with a handful of factory presets.
• Resamples between 250 Hz and 96 kHz.
• Low pass filter with different characteristics both pre and post resampling.
• Bit depth can continuously be altered between 3 and 24 bits.
• Additional distortion algorithm.
• Parameter linking (control several parameters with one knob)
• Input and output gain control.
• Dry / Wet mix.
• Several factory presets simulating different vintage gear.
Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/download/degrader-docs/
Degrader costs $7.99 (which is 35% off the normal price of $12.99)