The last update to Remixlive brought Drag & Drop functionality to the app, but not satisfied with that, the developer has gone on to add more features in version 3.5. Generally speaking this version has a focus on workflow improvements, the main one being a new split mode, which means that users can now see both the FX and mixer alongside the main view, and both of these can be controlled. This is a sizeable improvement for users, and, potentially makes it a lot more usable in a live environment too.
Also in 3.5 come a series of design improvements such as smoother animations.
All in all this is another positive update to Remixlive, and continues to move it forward as both a useful and enjoyable app for creating music with.
If you don’t know Remixlive then it’s probably worthwhile reminding you of the overall feature list.
Finger drumming mode
- Tap the beat in the extra “Drum” grid with percussion & note samples.
- Record patterns thanks to a loop-based sequencer — with overdub.
- Grouped (Link) & exclusive (Shock) triggering of samples.
- Route each pad to a mixer line — with its associated color.
Control everything in real time
- Tap Tempo and Live BPM control — with time-stretch.
- Play in sync with any Ableton Link-compatible app.
- 6 live-controllable FX (Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb,etc.).
- 6 Beat repeat pads from 1/16th to 2 bars.
Complete remix toolbox
- Mixer: EQs, levels, filters & Mute/Solo on each channel.
- Sample editor: Gain, Pan, ADSR, Transpose, Reverse & more.
- Record external sounds through the mic.
- Inter-App & Audiobus 3-compatible: share audio between apps.
Sounds for every taste: 60+ sample packs
- Grid: 24 pads on iPhone, 48 on iPad.
- 96 samples per pack: 48 loops/FX and 48 drum/note samples.
- 50+ sample packs, including artist packs by Carl Cox & DJ Vadim, among others.
- Colored pads: 16 colors to customize your grid.
- Import samples in WAV, MP3, AAC, M4A & AIFF.
- Export & import packs between devices.
- Record your performance & share it via email or SoundCloud.
- Drag and drop files with compatible apps (iPad & iOS 11 only)
Remixlive is free on the app store (with IAPs)