A Tasty Pixel is a particular developer of note having delivered the somewhat famous Loopy and Loopy HD apps, and also being the developer behind a rather substantial proportion of Audiobus too. Whilst many of us (myself included to a degree) were expecting the next app from A Tasty Pixel to be Loopy Masterpiece, instead we have Samplebot. I’m not complaining. In fact I’m rather pleased. I have been playing with Samplebot for a while in beta and having a lot of fun with it. It’s very straightforward and very immediate, two qualities I am always looking for in an app. Samplebot certainly has both. You can be up and running and making something with it in seconds. It is intuitive and fun, so what more could you want?
Here’s what Tasty Pixel has to say about it:
Samplebot is a collector of sounds. It’s a crafter of songs. It’s a finger-drummable looping sequencer of rainbow glory, and it wants to be your friend. Come. Play. Robo-boogie.
– Record or import samples, then play them back on beautiful, sproingy rainbow pads!
– Then record or input arrangements using the sequencer, featuring built-in drum patterns, loop record and playback, quantization and copy/paste
– Trim samples, and adjust volume and balance for the perfect mix
– Share your creations to Facebook, or export them to other music apps
– Comprehensive MIDI control with velocity, for play using a grid controller like the Launchpad
– Helpful and fun-loving intro tutorial
Samplebot is available on the app store now for $2.99, which is a 50% off launch price: