The new app has a powerful synthesis engine which makes it easy to create and discover sound designed. The wavetable creator enables the creation and editing of wavetables and is integrated directly into the system to preview your creations with the current session status. You can override the oscillator to see how your creation mixes with your session’s sound.
The controls on Scythe for iPhone have been minimised to allow a simpler workflow, yet with the same complex modulation that you might be used to if you’ve been using the iPad app. If you are new to modulation, Scythe app for iOS makes it simple with drag and drop, from source to oscillator control.
You can generate custom wavetables by importing your sounds using AudioShare or iTunes file sharing, record using IAA out or directly in Scythe synthesizer and export using Audioshare or iOS sharing options.
Please note for best wavetable generation results, sounds with low frequency content or enough spectral content is required.
Top Features of Scythe iOS app:
- High quality wavetable synthesis
- Wavetable creator
- Filter Delay effect
- Modulation control of all oscillator parameters
- Easy to learn user interface
- MIDI input – CoreMIDI & Audiobus 3
- AudioShare support for importing and exporting
- Global tempo control for syncing LFOs to note duration
- Easily record, playback and export audio
- Library wavetables and presets
Full feature set:
- Wavetable oscillator with full modulation control
- Generate wavetables with audio files imported with AudioShare
- Generate wavetables with audio files loaded from iTunes file sharing
- Load library wavetables
- Save wavetables
- Unison of up to 8 waves
- Global tempo control in top bar
- Envelope generator with controllable ADSR graph
- 3 LFOs with 8 wave modes, Note duration sync, lfo wave amplitude
- Global modulation matrix control
- Modulation override
- Audiobus 3 MIDI
- Scrollable keyboard
- Hold mode
- Library presets
- Save your own presets
- Record audio
- Export audio using AudioShare
- export audio using iOS export options, e.g. Dropbox
- Hardware capabilities will impact max number of waves. If your device CPU cannot synthesize the max number of waves, either adjust the unison value/modulation or reduce the number of simultaneous keys pressed
- Modulation is initially enabled by dragging the modulation link icons onto the control to be modulated.
- Hold mode is enabled/disabled by pressing the control in the keyboard scroll section
Scythe for iPhone costs $5.99 (plus it has in app purchases for additional functionality and content)