Here's what CDM sees as the big events:
- Remix Hotel should be fun again, and it's both chill and free.
- Wednesday BPM Magazine is hosting an all-female lineup — though we look forward to the day when gender balance and recognition doesn't segregate by gender any longer.
- Fatboy Slim will make an appearance Wednesday
- It is Miami, after all, so why not head poolside?
- Saturday is the big night
(accurately called Ultra), with Paul Van Dyk / Tiesto, Crystal Method,
Oakenfold, Danny Howells, Photek, and 100+ other artists, followed by
an after-event with Sasha, Digweed, UNKLE, and more. (Breaking news from residentadvisor: Moby will be there, too.)
Trends this year: more professional events, bigger, huger, larger. Jason O'Grady will be there for CDM covering the action.
Miami is cool, but as an aside, wouldn't be great if the US had an
event for more underground and experimental electronic acts? WMC is