The Tracker fire sale Polyend is hosting on Reverb may have led some to believe the OG, full-sized Tracker is at the end of its life. Not so, says Polyend – and they’ve got a hefty firmware update to prove it.
If you buy something from a CDM link, we may earn a commission.
So yes, you can in fact pick up Tracker for US$359 / EUR 399 on Polyend’s shop on Reverb. But the Polish company says the Tracker is still in production. That’s a big deal, as some may prefer the full-sized model’s big grid controller, jog wheel, and … FM radio, while we’re at it. None of that is on the (also excellent, also updated) Tracker Mini.
The other deal here is that there is a lot in a 1.70 firmware update out today for Tracker: TOS. (sorry, confusing my Trek and Track)
Here’s the big one I know folks were waiting for: improved clock.
- Improved Internal and MIDI clock stability and minimized jitter
- Redesigned ‘Clock sync correction’ parameter in MIDI config
- Note: correction is applied once only after restarting playback
I’ve yet to test this, but Polyend did commit to resolving some complaints from users.
There’s a lot of great user functionality in there, too – and yeah, unfortunately, this may well wear down our resistance to that deal on Reverb. New:
- Overhauled file and project management and longer filenames
- Saturation modes on the master channel
- Snap to zero crossing (!) option and detection
- There’s a metronome in the sampler recorder
- Improved Equalizer, Limiter, Compressor
- Copy patterns in Song Mode (uh, yeah)
- A vertical revolver Pattern arrangeent option
- Use the physical Rec button to start/stop the Sample Recorder (needed)
And that’s just a small slice of what’s on the list. Check the full changelog:
See there What’s Up page for tips and free project files and stuff, too.
Tracker Mini seems next in line, then. We’ll be watching.
But yeah, you still have a few days (or until stock runs out) to grab the Polyend Tracker – and Polyend does say this goes back to $699 afterwards, so… (I imagine people sometimes visualize me in a red devil suit standing on their shoulder)
Polyend Tracker exclusive @ Reverb (EU) $399 (roughly, depends on your local VAT)
Updated – Polyend Tracker is also on sale pricing at Sweetwater: